Saturday, January 30, 2010

Parenting With A View









August 7th, 1998
This is an entry from my journal, when my daughter was only 2. I have stumbled upon it and found that it was amazing how much today here in 2010, I value the advice I wrote and continue to value it for the future. Enjoy~~
~~~~Nicole, life is filled with so many quests. One needs to always be aware of the hidden meanings in our ventures. Life is not just a physical place to live in, it is a spiritual place. There's a purpose for your soul to fulfill here. So as you go into and through life, always be aware of the knowledge you can achieve from that which happens around you. There are secret messages that come in many forms. All things can be a mirage. Failure can be hidden in success, success can hidden in failure, pain can be hidden in bliss and complete joy can be hidden in painful moments. Always look deep inside for the correct messages and always listen with a spiritual eye & ear. It took me a short time I guess in life to feel this, for some it can take a long time, maybe some will never understand that wisdom. Remember, however, that may be the purpose. If you are aware that each person is on their own journey and you can open yourself to that awareness, you will understand.
There is a very soothing quality to a quiet mind. To be living from a view point of no judgement. To see things or hear things at their simplest level. You may not even understand my words now, but I hope that someday you do. I hope to teach you as you grow that looking deep inside of things is so powerful. And there is real peace when you can 'see' things for their own perfect beauty. A true test to understanding this, is to sit somewhere, in Nature and look around you. Look at the beauty, the simpleness of the surroundings. Really look, with no thought of what you are seeing. No judgement, just look. You will not only see, you will feel what it really is all about and then you will see everything that way, people, things, places with the eyes of compassion and love. You will then understand what my words here mean.
I love you! Mom
~~~~~~
Today 2010
My thoughts reflecting on the advice I gave such a long time ago? I feel honored that my view is still the same. I've personally learned much along my own journey in raising children and parenting is not always an easy task. Parenting is hard in so many ways. It is very demanding of our time and our attention. It can be very easy to get overwhelmed in all the work of it and then in the blink of an eye, it can be the easiest thing ever. Parenting is a very huge responsibility, as we are contributing to the development of an individual soul. However, we do not own our children, we do not own their beliefs, their dreams, their own purpose in their soul's journey. We are companions on this journey. And their journey may be very different than our own. Their lessons may be different, harder, easier, painful or joyful than ours. We are creators and co-creators, living amongst each other in this marvelous play of the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment